Social economy fund
The Fonds d’économie sociale (social economy fund) targets activities and organizations engaged in collective entrepreneurship and that respect the following principles:
- End goal of providing needed goods and services to members or to the community;
- Independent management;
- Democratic decision processes;
- Priority granted to people and labour over capital in the distribution of surpluses and revenue;
- Individual and collective participation, control, and responsibility.
The company may be developed in any activity sector that meets the needs of the population and of the community at large.
To be eligible
- Be a incorporated not-for-profit organization or a cooperative;
- Pursue a social mission;
- Meet social needs determined by the community;
- Produce goods and/or services;
- Be financially viable;
- Create stable, long-term employment;
- Have diversified funding sources and generate independent revenue.
Type of funding
Paid in the form of subsidies, funding may cover up to 80% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $25,000. Funding available for start-up and consolidation.
Contact Mrs. Tania Szymanski, Rural Development Coordinator, for help submitting a funding application or for further information.